Joana here! It´s been a while since I wrote on the storytelling pages of this adventure of a business.
Stopped by to say hi and wish you all a great new year!
What a year it has been. It was this shops´ first year of business and there has been lots of learning too. But overall it has been a wonderful experience and I had the great chance of connecting with amazing people.
I am going to try and do my best to have another exciting year and having your feedback means a lot to me.
I am always striving to diversify the shop with other products to complement the statement one which are the moses baskets. Sometimes that becomes a challenge because I don´t want to have items, just because.... I want them to be meaningful, beautiful and different. And after some twists and turns, I eventually dropped those choices.
So my biggest goals this year for this shop are:
- creating my OWN exclusive products to complement the baskets;
- delivering the option to have a rocking stand (I know I´ve mentioned this before but it has been a challenge. Especially in getting a reasonable price because I don´t want to mass produce it - hello small, tiny business here), but I´m getting there;
- and of course, continuing having the most amazing Moses baskets from all the land.
This month also marks the official launch anniversary - January 10th! I want to do something special to mark that date and celebrate it.
Sooooo, *drum rolls*.... I am giving away a free Moses basket!! But I don´t want to give it away just for the return of follows and likes. I want to give it to someone that tells me *the best* story of why they need one. It could be for you, for someone else, for a cause, whatever the purpose is.
In order to submit your application, fill out the form below and I will pick the best story, on January 10th.
Can´t wait to hear from you and it will mean a lot to me, handing out one for free, to a beautiful and meaningful story. You can write in English or Portuguese.
*Don´t forget that you need to follow my instagram account in order to qualify for the contest. Not accepted accounts just for contest/giveaways. Offer valid for Europe ONLY*
Whatever is relevant to tell and let you know about this community |news, events, and all the rest in between...|
I hope summer is treating you well.
We are taking it easy in the city, with work here and there and trying to fit in some getaways, because this year we didn´t have a chance to fully call it a vacay...
It´s ok, because it´s giving me the chance to work on some projects that were in the back burner and getting others ready for the next season.
So what was/is going on here in the shop?
- After the Summer Market Stylista, we had another event that went really well and it´s these personal approaches that really get me all excited! Had a pop up event at the Mini Loja of Atelier da Tufi and it gave me the chance to meet and sell to some pretty awesome customers (all of you that support and follow are truly amazing! - Thank you).
- The promotions that I had for summer went really well, so most of the stock disappeared. So, in the meantime more stock is on it´s way. Now, unfortunately this is a process that takes some time. There are a lot of procedures, specially very time consuming ones with customs and stuff. One thing I´ve learned, is that stock has to be ordered WAY ahead of time.
I´ve been getting a lot of messages inquiring about the new stock. I guarantee you I will try to be as quick as possible to have it all set and ready the minute I release it.
But if you don´t want to miss any bit of it, you can subscribe and be the first one to know.
- I did a photo shoot in an amazing apartment that is up for short rentals through The Blue House Lisboa, and the feedback I received was amazing. Specially regarding the rocking stand that I have been using for display and photos. I don´t have it for sale...yet!! I am working with designers and a factory to have one ready for production to meet the high demand that I´ve been getting. Because I know it adds a huge value and it´s utterly useful, I am trying to deliver this product and have it ready asap for sale! Fingers crossed.
Well, summer in the shop has been somewhat fun and exciting.
I´m so happy that you have been loving the baskets and how much you appreciate it even more when you see it live! That´s the first comment I always get when you unwrap the box: "they look even prettier".
So thank you soooo much for enjoying the moses baskets and for supporting this cause.
In September be ready for:
- new stock
- new event (first one in Portugal and so excited to be a part of it. Stay tuned)
- new little trinkets for baby use
- new way to gift a basket
- and hopefully, new customized rocking stands for these moses basket.
Thank you for reading and for patiently awaiting the new stock!
(Follow us on instagram for more updates):
Well hello there!
It´s been quite the ride this past week and weekend. This was Ballon Blanc´s first appearance at a market and I could´t have been happier in doing it so, at the best market, the best event, that Lisbon could have. It was just the best venue where the Moses baskets could be presented live for the first time.
I have so much to be thankful for, and I met and engaged with very interesting people, the feedback was amazing, gained outstanding clients, had ones that purposely came to check the product and acquire it. Above all, I honestly hope these products were above your expectations and a big THANK YOU to all that stopped by to buy or just to say hi. A nice supporting word goes a long way as well, and everything made me a very happy gal.
The market was held at the beautiful outdoor grounds of FIARTIL in Estoril, covered in trees and charming little booths. It absolutely looked like a summer village and Maria Guedes and her team, sure do know how to organize and influence a crowd of followers, that attend this market.
I decorated my 'cabin' as a little African/ethnic corner. This is the baskets main soul and I did´t want to take that away from them.
It´s a different product and I was so happy to discover that people could see the potential of a Moses basket. Especially this one, that can withstand for many, many years keeping it´s original quality and as a true legacy. My biggest joy was to find out that a customer bought one to be passed on to every baby in the family and for generations to come. That is truly what these baskets represent: the continuous use, in different or meaningful ways.
So, now what´s to come?
Many people asked if I had a physical store. As of right now, I don´t. But I am working on having it placed in different places for the time being. Currently Maisena in Porto, carries some of my baskets. When I have any new updates, I will let you know.
In a few days, I will have the online shop up and running with all the available baskets.
When I import, I never know what´s coming. It all depends on the availability and what the weaver has made. So if you see one now that you like, make sure to snag it. They are all unique and one of a kind.
It also takes a long time to have the product shipped from Africa and released from customs. So if you are expecting a baby any time soon, don´t wait too long to get one.
If you purchased a basket from the market, don't forget to check "customer care" and "safety" page for all the information on how to care and handle the moses basket.
I received many, many questions on the baby moses rocking stand I had displayed. Unfortunately it's not a product I have (yet) to offer, but I will be working on it. If you have more questions on it or where you could buy one now, drop a message.
I was also very happy that the Modern Burlap swaddle blankets were a huge success. They are so versatile and match so well the baskets.
Thank you for following along and for belonging to this tribe. Let´s make a difference!