Although the Moses basket are a safe and harmless item, it is always best, when handling a baby in a basket to ensure proper usage. This will leave you and baby more comfortable and safe.
A few guidelines that we recommend to follow:
- Typically a baby bassinet of this kind is used until baby is 3-4 months old before he/she starts pushing herself up or rolling over. After that, it is best to place the bassinet on the floor in a firm and flat surface if you wish to use it for a longer period of time. Never leave infant unattended!
- Do not move/carry the basket with your baby inside of it. It is recommended that you remove your baby first.
- Do not attach toys or place toys with strings or cords to avoid strangulation or choking.
- Use only proper and certified sleeping padding or pillows since babies can easily suffocate.
- It is recommended by Pediatricians that infants sleep on their back, unless otherwise advised.
- Keep away from any hazards that could cause injury: heaters, stairs, windows, blinds... Keep handles of the basket in an outward position when baby is sleeping.